At the moment it is not known exactly why IBS develops but it can affect 1 in 5 people at some point in their life. It may be a combination of:
- Increased squeezing of the muscles in the wall of your bowel
- Increased sensitivity to pain from inside your bowel
- Inflammation of your bowel after an infection
- You may inherit IBS through your genes
You may find that your symptoms get worse:
- If you become stressed
- After eating certain foods, for example fatty foods
- Whilst taking certain antibiotics
The fact that stress can affect the symptoms of IBS is a very interesting one as simple hypnosis can have a very positive impact.
At Tamsin Cooper Hypnotherapy I use hypnotherapy to help people deal with stressful situations both in their professional and personal lives. Hypnotherapy brings about positive change helping you feel more calm and content, and helps to find a positive solution.