Love him or hate him Luis Suarez is quite possibly the greatest talent in football today.
In the 2013/14 Liverpool Football Club were on the verge of greatness and winning the Premier League for the first time (although they won the top flight title an amazing 18 times between 1900 and 1990 in the pre-Premier League era). They just missed out and I believed they would win the next season but dropped down to six place the next year.
Anyone who watched that 2013/14 season must have been amazed at the passing ability and speed of one particular player, Luis Suarez.
Now, Suarez had previously been in big trouble for biting players on opposing teams and had been banned from playing, and then at the world cup on 1st July 2014 it happened again. As a result Suarez was suspended from all football-related activity for four months for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini. He was been banned for nine international matches, ruling him out of the rest of the 2014 Fifa World Cup and would also have missed the first nine games of the Premier League season, however, Liverpool had had enough and sold him.
The following season Liverpool minus Suarez finished 6th in the League.
I was not at Liverpool FC and have never met Suarez but I honestly believe I could have helped this young man given the opportunity and here is why:
- Suarez is a selfless player who will pass right in front of goal even if he is odds on to score if he perceives a team member has a better chance of scoring.
- Suarez has an amazing workrate in a game of football which means he is determined.
- I have never seen Suarez try a malicious challenge that can break a players leg and finish a career. I don't mean he has never mistimed a challenge or made a mistake but I don't believe he would do something that nasty.
- When you see the bite(s) it was on the spur of the moment, perhaps born of frustration.
- The moment after when he realised what he had done you could see the anquish and maybe shame and disappointment on his face.
I honestly believe I could have helped both Luis Suarez and Liverpool Football Club with some form of anger management with gentle hypnosis and NLP.
#SportsNLP #Suarez #LFC #LiverpoolFC #AngerManagement